Sudden Recernt Increase in Past Week of Malware in the First few Selections brought up by DuckDuckGo

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 3 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 3 months ago
I have found recent repeated increase of malware notices by my firewall or by Google Browser on the First Few of the suggestions given by DuckDuckGo. This is a concern for me naturally. The malware has always been present in the recent past further down the list of suggestions. Now it is second, third or even today on the first suggestion. Have I been hacked? They are caught, but still this is not a situation I can put up with for long. They are bound to get through sooner or late. Any ideas? Anyone else noticed this too? This is a new one on me. I never have seen this particular "happening" before.... Thanks!
OldMrB

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 3 months ago
anonymous
What I have noticed is that my protection program is throwing up more -not recommended sites as apposed to malware sites that are completely blocked by my protection program. The not recommended sites arent blocked just the known malware ones. Non recommended can be iffy material on the site or political or medical even they are getting quite intensive now due to parents of children complaining to ISP,s I have seen a massive list of -not recommended sites on websites that list internet protection issues. In saying that I have come across some websites near or at the top of the list on a webpagethat are blocked but trying non-DDG in the past brought up even more especially some well known download sites and if you enter -Free programs-there is a big increase in bad sites but this has been publicised by many virus protection companies and PC Mags as being a great increase in number -its like -download a free virus.So its a case of a large increase in number rather than a fault in DDG.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 3 months ago Link
Aramith
Sandboxie.
Secure Web Browsing: Run your web browser in Sandboxie – preventing any malicious software downloaded by the browser from harming your machine
Enhanced Privacy: Keep browsing history, cookies and cached temporary files in the sandbox – not on your machine.
Safe Social Networking: Click on Twitter links and Facebook updates without the fear of social networking worms infecting your machine.

Free and paid versions.
http://www.sandboxie.com/
posted by Aramith 4 years and 3 months ago Link