Cached results a la Google cache via wayback machine

malevolent malevolent
Created: 3 years and 6 months ago
The idea is to include somewhere in the DIV of the result a option to a cached link. Just like in google.
Today linuxquestions.org was down and I had to go to google in order to access to the cached page. As google web cache is damn slow, I copied the URL and pasted it on waybackmachine. This service is pretty faster than google's one.

I know there is a bang !cache, but it does not do the job. I do not want to make a search on google's cache, but to access to a cached page which has the same search terms than not cached web pages. And it would be perfect NOT to use google' services at all. So I digged a bit and discover that waybakmachine has its own API.

https://archive.org/help/wayback_api.php

So it would be great to include in each result the latest cached page on waybckmachine.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
Very nice idea, + from me!
posted by TV 3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
Hey, nice idea! I make frequent and heavy use of the Google cache when searching, so this would be a huge help.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
How do we upvote and make this happen?

+1 from me.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link