Javascript-less viewing - accessibility

hip hip
Created: 4 years and 6 months ago
Hi.

Don't try to be pecky. Just feeling at home in newly discovered DDG and trying to give my 2 pennies. I use to surf the web off javascript (and other scripts but pure HTML & CSS) and have found most of the images (small GIFs, PNGs, icons) are shown in funny manner. I believe this must be some bad 'noscript' scripting.

I attach an image proving it. Not that it is important (they still have the 'title' attribute over them) but it may be not that hard to correct and offer a better feeling.

Regards,
hip
Attached Files: 1
screenshot.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

sdougbrown
Hi there hip! Almost all of the icons on the community platform come from 'icon fonts', and are not javascript-dependent. They do require your browser to render @font-face correctly, and it seems that something has gone horribly wrong there. :)

Could you share what browser (looks like Firefox) and version you're running?
posted by sdougbrown 4 years and 6 months ago Link
hip
Hi!

Firefox 24.0 + Windows 7 64bit up-to-date. I believe the 'problem' is because not only having javascript disabled but also the NoScript plugin on, so Fonts@https://duckgo.com is blocked too. :-(

Sorry about that & thanx for the reply.

Have a nice day,
hip
posted by hip 4 years and 6 months ago Link
sdougbrown
yep NoScript disables fonts by default. You could make dukgo.com a 'trusted' site, but by that would also enable JS on this site as well I think (there may be a way to change that)
posted by sdougbrown 4 years and 6 months ago Link
hip
There's definitely a way. Simply allow Fonts@... (though it is only temporarily and has to be told every new session).

As mentioned above it is not a problem to me. Just checking accessibility.

Thanx,
hip
posted by hip 4 years and 6 months ago Link