Bookmarklet changes

TheAdamGalloway TheAdamGalloway
Created: 4 years and 4 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 4 months ago
I recently noticed that DDG has changed the way they store customised search settings through Cloud Save. I have my web browser set to delete cookies when I close it therefore I use the bookmarklet to keep my settings persistent. But recently, I have found that my cloud save bookmarklet no longer works and I have to resort to URL parameters. This is not an adequate replacement as this means that my changes do not sync to other devices using the bookmarklet and it does not save my font choice! Any idea on how to fix this?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

brians
Thank you for posting this, it looks like it's not respecting the 'key' url param anymore. I'm working on a fix for this now, will let you know when it's done.
posted by brians Staff4 years and 4 months ago Link
TheAdamGalloway
Thanks for the quick response.
posted by TheAdamGalloway 4 years and 4 months ago Link
brians
This should be fixed now if you want to try again?
TheAdamGalloway
Yeah, it's functioning correctly now.
However, it is still absent from the settings page, meaning people who have not already configured Cloud Save will be unable to find the parameter they must use for the URL.
brians
You are correct, was an oversight. I just added it, should be live on the site momentarily :)
TheAdamGalloway
Thanks for your help :)