The new interface is a step backwards

nana.nana nana.nana
Created: 4 years and 4 months ago • Updated: 4 years and 4 months ago
I'm a long time user of DDG, and I'm really not satisfied with the new interface. Sure, I can change my cloud save settings to remove the annoying auto-complete, and also the annoying WIDE ribbon at the top. And I can use the classic interface and change my colors, but that does not fix all that is now broken.

+ The drop down selection for bangs is now missing. I used and liked it.
+ The box to the right with a list of specific, and relevant sites to the query is gone. I used and like it.
+ The neat and tidy box at the top of query's showing instant information is gone. No that WIDE ugly ribbon is not an alternative.
+ The new fonts and layout, quite frankly, look like one of those cheap free Wordpress templates that the spammers used to use to build Adsense pay sites. Ugly.

Honestly, I don't like it at all. I'll still use DDG because I like what you guys stand for, but I don't see how this interface is going to help drive traffic. Updating the look is a good thing, but get a designer for it next time. Please consider revising it again.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

zac
posted by zac Staff4 years and 4 months ago Link
fred13
Pas d'idée!! désolé!
posted by fred13 4 years and 4 months ago Link
jackyan
I agree!

I don’t know what’s happened but as of today, regardless of which skin I have in my settings, DuckDuckGo looks like this. This is Firefox on Windows 7.

[https://31.media.tumblr.com/6465049b7b24467c4d401e43c7a2a028/tumblr_na66uzfYyb1qz7fwgo1_1280.png]

Of all your incarnations, I don’t remember DDG being this ugly. How do I get back the look you débuted a couple of months ago? (Not that it works on my phone, but that’s for another thread.)
posted by jackyan 4 years and 4 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 4 months ago
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 4 months ago