is a general search engine like Google. We differentiate through:
- Privacy: We don't track our users.
- Smarter Answers: Instant answers above any links and ads. Instant Answers from hundreds of the Web's best sources, developed through our open source community via DuckDuckHack.
- Simplicity: Less clutter, less spam, fewer ads and an overall cleaner design. We can do this since we just focus on web search and therefore don't have to promote other services on our results pages.
- No filter bubble: We don’t bias search results towards what we think particular users would already agree with.
- Over one billion searches in 2014 and growing.
- 50% of DuckDuckGo's users are from the US, 45% from Europe and the remaining 5% from Asia-Pacific.
- DuckDuckGo CEO & Founder.
- Sold Opobox to United Online in 2006.
- Angel investor & Author.
- Startup CEO since 2000.
- B.S. in Physics & M.S. in Technology & Policy from MIT.
Based in Paoli, PA, USA