DuckDuckGo is headquartered in Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA, though most of our diverse team (of about 40) works remotely around the world (including Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Slovakia, Italy, the UK, Japan, France, and the Netherlands as well as PA, NY, NJ, CA, IL, CO and MA in the US).
We have a unique hiring process that includes contracting with us first to see if there is a good fit. We are happy to work through the process on a flexible timeline around your current schedule. You can find out details about the steps involved in the hiring process here.
We look for DuckDuckGo users who are passionate about what we're trying to accomplish and who share our core values.
Our vision is to raise the standard of trust online and our mission is to be the world's most trusted search engine. Our core values include:
- Building trust (both with our users and internally with each other)
- Questioning assumptions (for example, the assumption you need to track people)
- Validating direction (a statement about how we operate projects internally)
Joining our small team is a unique opportunity to work with others and make a significant impact on a major consumer product that shares your values, and have fun in the process (we like our memes)!
If you'd like to be considered for hire, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org responding to the following:
The basics: Help us make sure your application gets in the right hands!
- What position are you applying for?
- How did you hear about this position?
Now it's your turn to ask. Questions are a big part of the DuckDuckGo culture. We ask each other about project updates, coding fixes, and even about the last book we have read or movie watched. So ask away!
- What is it about DuckDuckGo that excites you?
- What is it about you that makes you a good fit for this position?
- What feedback do you have as a DuckDuckGo user?
- What is an example of a project that you want to tackle as a DuckDuckGo team member?
- If you could ask any question to the DuckDuckGo team what would it be?
In addition to the above responses, please attach your resume and direct us to any other information that might give us insight into your skills and experience on the web. Examples might include LinkedIn profile, professional website, portfolios, GitHub, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for considering joining us.