DuckDuckGo is headquartered in Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA, though most of our diverse team (of about 40) works remotely around the world (including Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Slovakia, Italy, the UK, Japan, France, and the Netherlands as well as PA, NY, NJ, CA, IL, CO and MA in the US).
We have a unique hiring process that includes contracting with us first to see if there is a good fit, and we're happy to work through it flexibly around your current schedule. You can find out details about our hiring process here.
We look for DuckDuckGo users who are passionate about what we're trying to accomplish and who share our core values. Our vision is to raise the standard of trust online and our mission is to be the world's most trusted search engine. Our core values include building trust (both with our users and with each other internally), questioning assumptions (for example, the assumption you need to track people), and validating direction (a statement about how we operate projects internally). Joining our small team is a unique opportunity to work with others and make a significant impact on a major consumer product that shares your values, and have fun in the process (we like our memes)!
If you'd like to be considered for hire, please introduce yourself!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org answering:
- If you can remember, how did you first hear about DuckDuckGo?
- How long have you been a DuckDuckGo user (it's OK if you just found out about us -- we know we have work to do there!)?
- What is your brief life story?
- What do you consider your specialty or specialties?
- What product feedback do you have for us (please be as expansive as possible here, with emphasis on product criticism, the more specific the better!)?
- What do you think we should work on next and why?
- Where can we find more about you online (please include a resume if you have one)?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for considering joining us.