- How do I replace Stories with recent searches?
- Which sources are currently available for Stories?
- Can I suggest a source to be used in Stories?
- Is it private?
- What are bangs?
- Where can I submit new bangs?
- How does the autocomplete work?
- How do I add the DuckDuckGo app as a widget?
1. How do I replace Stories with recent searches?
Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) -> Settings -> Home screen view -> Recent searches.
2. Which sources are currently available for Stories?
To see the sources currently available for the Stories feed, check out the app Settings. Then, go to, "Change Sources" to see the most updated list.
3. Can I suggest a source to be used in Stories?
Yes, please! Just scroll to the bottom of the sources page in the Settings menu. From there, you can submit a source for inclusion review!
4. Is it private?
5. What are bangs?
Bangs are a way for you to quickly search on other sites, directly from DuckDuckGo. Using an exclamation point ( ! ) with our site tags, you can jump directly to that site's search function. For example, !amazon shoes would go to Amazon and search for shoes automatically, landing you here.
6. Where can I submit new bangs?
Submit new bangs and fixes for current bangs here: https://duckduckgo.com/newbang
7. How does the autocomplete work?
Our autocomplete is a unique and great way to quickly search on the go. We blend our Instant Answers with other suggestions so you autocomplete to answers, instead of more searches. Less searching, more finding.
8. How do I add the DuckDuckGo app as a widget?
- Download and install our app from one of the sources above.
- Go to Apps -> Select the Widgets section (at top) -> Locate the DuckDuckGo widget
- Long-press on the DuckDuckGo widget and place it on your Home screen.
We love feedback. You can always reach us through the feedback page, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We listen!
Third-party apps that include DuckDuckGo as a search option
We could really use your help getting DuckDuckGo added to more Android browsers. For partnership information, send an email to email@example.com or visit our partnership page.