While testing IE's behaviour with YouTube I am presented with ...
<image attached >
Usually I click on "Watch Here"
- it plays OK - but where or what is "here" ?
The "Settings" link on the alert took me to DDG settings https://duckduckgo.com/settings#privacy
- I suspect "Video Playback" is a DDG setting I must edit
- there are three options
1. Prompt me (I guess is the default)
2. Always play me on DDG
3. Open on third paty site
... normally I use PaleMoon browser and IE is for for emergencies only, or when I am desparate.
Today I uninstalled Flash Player on my PC using the Adobe uninstaller
- it definitely removes the PaleMoon plugin ... but I don't know if it removes Flash ActiveX (?) from IE.
Flash Players latest fiasco has left me wary of what I install, so today I clean installed the non-IE plugin, for Palemoon/Firefox.
I don't know what [2.] above uses to render the YouTube . Is it HTML5 ?
And what does [3.] represent ... Flash, HTML5 or something else?
My favourite browser is PaleMoon with DDG as my preferred search engine.
- I don't use the cloud to store settings because I was always losing them, and now append the DDG URL with parameter codes. Several DDG buttons on Palemoon toolbar.
Could anyone point me to a wiki or tutorial/explanation of 'Video Settings" and how do I get to the settings page again ... please ?
Thank you in advance